Updated: Aug 2, 2020
Here are reasons why eating too much sugar is bad for your health:
1. Can Cause Weight Gain
2. May Increase Your Risk of Heart Disease
3. Has Been Linked to Acne
4. Increases Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
5. May Accelerate the Skin Aging Process
6. Drains Your Energy
How to Reduce Your Sugar Intake:
• Swap sodas, energy drinks, juices and sweetened teas for water or unsweetened seltzer.
• Consume whole fruits instead of sugar-sweetened fruit smoothies.
• Swap your morning cereal for a bowl of rolled oats topped with nut butter and fresh berries, or an omelet made with fresh greens.
Eating too much added sugar can have many negative health effects. For these reasons, added sugar should be kept to a minimum whenever possible, which is easy when you follow a healthy diet based on whole foods.